Heat Lamp Ignites Alexandria Garage Fire 18 Dec 17

Early Saturday morning, an Alexandria man lost his garage in a fire, likely caused by a heat lamp stored inside.

At 5:17 a.m., a neighbor across the street notified the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office of the blaze. Firefighters from Carlos and Alexandria also responded to the property, located on Homestead Road Northeast.

Miles Lynch’s detached garage was declared a total loss, two vehicles parked nearby sustained heavy damage, and the nearby home was lightly scorched from heat exposure.