Fire Destroys Osakis Garage 05 Dec 17

A small, smoldering fire near a wood-burning stove claimed an Osakis couple’s garage, and its contents.

At 7:50 a.m. on Monday, Angie and Keith Reinke reported the blaze at their property, located at 1833 Calvary Road Northeast. When members of the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Osakis Fire Department, and North Ambulance responded to the scene, they observed large, visible flames shooting out of the garage, part of which had been converted into a small recreational area.

Nobody was injured, but the garage, and the belongings inside have been declared a total loss.