Heating Lamp Starts Millerville Township Fire 01 Dec 17

Douglas County Sheriff’s Deputies think a heating lamp under the deck caused yesterday morning’s house fire northeast of Evansville.

At 9:04 a.m., a passerby noticed smoke coming from 17954 Stockhaven Road Northwest(between Lakes Stockhaven and Stockhousen); firefighters from Brandon,Evansville, and Millerville all responded to the scene. Nobody was home at the time of the blaze, but the structure “sustained significant damage,” according to the Sheriff’s Office.